Our readers said they are using these Google Pixel devices

last week we asked you, only what you’re currently using your Google Pixel. The results are out now and they make reading fun.

This time last year, we polled 9to5Google readers to determine what kind of Pixel they were using on a daily basis. on me That occasionThe Pixel 5 has come out on top but this time we’re seeing – as you’d expect – a major shift towards Google’s latest and greatest device duo.

The Pixel 6 Pro garnered around 25% of the voting share which isn’t a huge shock. Besides, the Pixel 6 ranked second in our overall vote with 18%. This means that the current leading duo of Google represents about 43% of our reader base if this information is scaled up accordingly.

Because of this shift towards the Pixel 6 series, the Pixel 5 has moved into third place with roughly 11% of our readers now using the flagship device last year on a daily basis. This represents a 6% decrease in just one year. However, some readers like Jackson They went back from the Pixel 6 to the Pixel 5 simply because of the size discrepancy.

A chart showing just what Google Pixel 9to5Google readers are currently using every day

The Pixel 4a maintains a foothold in the top four of the most used reader list with about 8% of you still shining with one of the best mid-rangers Google has ever released. reader Art said they “hate phablets.” Which is why they stuck to 4a a little longer. This is in contrast to the Pixel 4a 5G which barely scrapes 4%.

Interestingly, the Pixel 4 XL has decreased significantly in daily use in 12 months with only 6% of our readers using the device – compared to nearly 12% just one year ago. It could be that many owners have upgraded since many cell phone plans follow a 24-month period. However, with a more stable Android version coming, that might explain some of the movement. The smaller Pixel 4 duo has struggled terribly for a small internal battery and makes up just 2.42% of our overall audience.

However, Google recently dropped support for the Pixel 3 XL and those claiming to still use the phone daily to roughly 5% of our reader base. Another 4% are still using the Pixel 3. One The reader claims That the inconsistent fingerprint scanner on the Pixel 6 is why they stuck with Google’s smaller flagship phone of 2018.

Given that the Pixel 5a with 5G is limited to the US and Japan, it’s still surprising to hear that only 4% of our readers use the current affordable device in the lineup. Although when you consider that this was only released a few months before the Pixel 6 series, it’s likely that many waited or opted for the base Pixel 6 instead.

The Pixel 3a and 3a XL account for only 4% and 1.71% of our readers, respectively. The duo is set to lose software support this year with the final update also expected very soon based on Android 12.1.

If you’ve asked longtime Pixel fans which phone they revere the most, it’s often the Pixel 2 XL. Despite the love and affection for the phone, it was long ago removed from the official Google support list and now accounts for only 2.27% of our readers. The less popular regular Pixel 2 makes up 1.26% of our audience at this point in 2022.

Support for the entire list is OG Pixel and Pixel XL. With only 0.28% and 0.23% of our readers still going with the 2016 Pixel lineup, we applaud those willing to preserve their devices despite their internal aging. Glory to you.

Being a predominantly Google-focused site, it comes as no surprise that only 2.47% of our readers say they don’t use a Pixel smartphone at all. Goodwin Reader We’re even told that they’re hanging on at least the Nokia 5.1 Plus until the Pixel 7 is fully revealed later this year.

More on Google Pixel:

FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. more.


Check out 9to5Google on YouTube for more news: