If you don’t know how to set up Wi-Fi hotspot on Android, it’s really easy to learn. This Android feature basically turns your Android phone into a small, standalone Wi-Fi router that you can use to connect your other devices on the go. Basically, you’ll never have to deal with choppy Wi-Fi when trying to get some work done on the go again. And in case your friends run out of data on their phones, you can share your data with them, if you feel generous.
Just because creating an Android hotspot is useful, it doesn’t mean that Android says it’s available. So don’t worry if you don’t know – we’ll show you how it’s done. Note that some carriers charge more when using your phone as a hotspot, so remember to check with your service provider in case you accidentally end up running up a huge phone bill (or check Best cheap cell phone plans for a better package).
How to set up Wi-Fi hotspot on Android
1. Swipe down on your phone to open the quick settings menu, then Click on the hotspot icon. This icon is the point surrounded by two curves.
2. If you don’t see the icon, try Click on the pencil icon And see if you can Add the hotspot icon to your quick settings. This is useful for setting up your hotspot quickly in the future. Alternatively, see the step below to get started via settings.
3. To setup via settings, Open the Settings app on your phone, Click Connect and Shareand then Click Personal Hotspot. Make sure the Personal Hotspot switch is turned on.
4. It is recommended that you set up a password for your network. Faucet hotspot settings And the put a password. To make sure your password is secure, make sure that Check out our guide on How to create strong passwords.
5. On the device you wish to connect to the hotspot, Open your Wi-Fi settingsand then Select the name of your Android phone from the list.
6. If you set up a password to protect your personal hotspot, Enter the hotspot password on your second device. then, Click Connect.
And that’s it! You have now connected your device to the Android hotspot. Remember to monitor your data usage so you don’t go overboard (or if you’re on an unlimited plan, go to your heart’s content).
If you need more help using your Android phone, we have tutorials to help you. paying off How to take a screenshot on AndroidAnd the How to enable Secure Folder on Android And the How to print from your Android phone or tablet. Is the machine running very slowly? over here How to speed up your Android phone or tablet. Or if you have an iPhone, learn How to set up Wi-Fi hotspot on iPhone.