Your iPhone is undoubtedly a stunt friend. First and foremost, it’s a communication device, but it’s also there to help you work and keep you entertained along with other functions. Plus, like any good friend, your iPhone can help you navigate the unexpected.
iPhone offers a number of features to ensure that you can reach your true buddies when you need them most — or they can reach you. So, what are these features, and how do you set them up?
When you list someone as an emergency contact on your iPhone’s Medical ID feature, other people can access their number without having to unlock your phone. This means that they can call your contacts in an emergency even if you are unable to help.
You can add these contacts by following these steps:
- open the health app and make sure you are in Summary tab.
- Click on your profile icon in the upper-right corner.
- Choose medical identity.
- Choose release in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down to emergency contact and choose Add an emergency contact.
- Your iPhone will pull out your contacts; Scroll and find the one you want.
- Next, set a relationship and it will appear on your list.
Other people can now find and call your emergency contacts by tapping Emergency on your iPhone’s lock screen if you can’t provide the information yourself. Additionally, you can Set up the Medical ID feature To give an overview of medical information for use in an emergency situation.
Whether you want to get things done or spend some much-needed time, Focus mode setting on your iPhone will help with this. However, it’s easy to worry about missing a call from an emergency contact while you’re concentrating.
This is where adding an emergency bypass to a contact’s profile comes in handy. You can do this by following these steps:
- open the phone app and click Contacts.
- Find the person you want to call in an emergency.
- Click on their details and select release in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down to Ringtone Click on it to view your options.
- At the top of the ringtone screen, enable Emergency bypass and press he did.
You can repeat these steps with their text tone if you don’t want to miss an important message. Additionally, you may want to save and share these steps with your emergency contacts, so they can give you an emergency bypass as well.
If you’re traveling or on an adventure, sharing your location with someone you trust can get you out of the crowd if the trip doesn’t go as expected. There are a number of ways you can do it Share your location on your iPhoneIncluding the Find My app.
Here’s how to share your location with someone in the Find My app:
- open the find Application.
- From I Tab, switch share my location.
- Switch to a file People tab and press add (+) in the upper right corner.
- Choose share my location And choose the contact you want to share it with.
- Faucet send Your phone will prompt you to choose how long to share your location.
- Once confirmed, your contact will receive a notification.
Your contact can now see your location in the Find My app or in your contact’s profile. Instead of using Find My, once you turn on Share My Location, you can find someone’s location in your Contacts list, under the person’s details.
Get peace of mind by getting your iPhone ready
The emergency features of your iPhone will give you peace of mind and can help you out if things go wrong. Best of all, it only takes moments of setup. By adjusting the settings we mentioned, you can rest assured that people will be able to call you if they’re in an emergency, or find you if you’re in one.